winter ache.

 


curtains drawn, dark house

winter snakes its way around

the bridge we once frequented

is covered in ice, crumbling down

 

the flowers that we grew now droop

perished greens, grey stoop

our friendship is unwound

sunshine’s nowhere to be found

 

no silence roars like this

am I not someone you miss?

you bathe in lights of a disco

but all I catch is a distant glow

 

frozen hearts pirouette

in this white, sparkling cage

the sadness is so profound

I can’t see through the grey haze

 

straining strings stretched out

will snap without a doubt

spoiler: that’s how it went

now you’re just a silhouette.

 

we were each others’ gold

but now we’re recycled souls

waiting for what the future holds

it was sad to watch you go.

 

Photo by Furknsaglam from Pexels

Comments

  1. That is such a beautifully written masterpiece...actually in this lockdown times we have these friends we miss a lott...very nice...keep writing

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeahh! This was actually written about a former friend. I don't like her anymore but it was sad to let go of all the years we had been friends together. And thank you so much yaar, you always encourage me to do more :D

      Delete
    2. ohh...nice to know the insider information about the poem and btw giving encouragement credits to us is really really sweet of you!!

      Delete
    3. Yeah.. Every poem of mine has some "insider information", as you put it XD so if you're curious, just ask away! And about the "encouragement credit" thing, it's true! Every time I put out something, I do it with a hope that you (and other readers) will like it!

      Delete
  2. I loved it... It was really heart touching... I have experienced it and I know how it feels. My case is the same, I don't like her anymore. But still, yes, it hurts! Loved it Ki!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know right!? It isn't easy to give up on those memories. Thank you so much Mahi!! Really appreciate that you read it :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think!

This could be your next favourite post!

Sunset

My Class

❝The Shadows Are Her Spotlight❞