❝The Shadows Are Her Spotlight❞






She dances to the songs
Of birds and trees.
Not caring where her feet fall,
Not caring who watches her,
Not caring if she's being mocked.
She dances in the shadows
As the darkness holds her captive;
The shadows are her spotlight.
Her footsteps fall 
On scattered dust.
When the little black birds
Will fly back to their homes
By broken window ledges and vents,
The cool breeze will blow the dust
Into nothingness,
Where her rhythm will lie forgotten.
The dying roots of the trees 
And the little cooing fledglings
Won't remember her tomorrow.
I don't know how she does it
But when she dances,
She dances like there's no tomorrow,
Like she's frozen in her own
Happily ever after.

Photo by Anthony Shkraba from Pexels

Comments

  1. very nice poetry this actually appreciates me to write free verses 👍😊

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing poetry really... Keep going❤
    Visit my profile too💕

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful, Ki!!! You inspired me to write free verses... M gonna try it one of these days

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh really? Thank you so much Mahi!! Looking forward to see free verse from ya :D

      Delete
  4. As expected, this is beautiful!! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. "She dances like there is no tomorrow
    Like she's frozen in her own
    Happily ever after"
    Lovely. I am very fond of your style.
    -Ninja ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Ninja! I'm so happy you like it <33

      Delete
  6. Lovely poem!! I enjoyed reading it a lot😊

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much!! I really appreciate it :D

      Delete

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think!

This could be your next favourite post!

Sunset

My Class