a nightmare

hello! this is the closest thing i've written to a horror story. it has a very graphic description of fear and panic. please don't read it if you find the themes triggering.



i'm a fish out of water here, my mouth opening and closing, no sound coming out. panic floods into every fibre of my being: being blindfolded and cuffed, and pushed into a party of drunken strangers. the electronic music might as well be a banshee screaming, i can't hear anything above the roaring in my ears. gut-wrenching fear pounds my chest; i'm afraid i might fall over the floor from sheer disorientation and overwhelmed-ness. as i bump into every stranger who's in my way and get elbowed by others, i feel my fear, a coiled mass in the pit of my stomach. dully, i wonder whether this is how chromatin material is coiled in a cell before the cell divides. my mind replays all the pictures i have seen of slaves, being fettered and forced to their knees. i imagine drunken feet crunching the bones of my feet when somebody will inevitably push me down that way. a hand grips my shoulder. my heart is torn between exploding and imploding. my closed eyes (opening my eyes will only show me the darkness, doing no good to assuage my fear) uselessly seek for the face attached to the hand. darkness stares back at me. a voice, too close to my face to be comfortable, rasps, "what're ye doin' here, babe?" 

to my horror, when i open my mouth to scream, i feel something larger than my fist gently but firmly forcing its way out of my mouth. before my tongue can reach it, feathers brush past my lips and for a moment, i hear wingbeats near my face. then claws dig into my shoulder, right next to the stranger's hand (who i assume is a he). i hold in the urge to retch. my body shudders when i feel the warmth of his palm nearing my ear. then it disappears, along with the crowd, the weight of the bird and presumably, the man himself, and i'm left in an empty, soundless space.


Photo by Lucas Pezeta from Pexels

tell me what you think in the comments!

Comments

  1. what a beautiful imagery...I can actually imagine the whole thing so clearly...I really wonder if it was a movie how would it be...fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you so much!! :D if this were a movie, lol XD i can't even imagine that far

      Delete

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think!

This could be your next favourite post!

Sunset

My Class

❝The Shadows Are Her Spotlight❞