White, white, white



Oh, such a sweet misery

Out on a day so dreary

The earth is snug in its cap of snow

And cold, biting winds do blow

The white above, white below

Silence raging wherever they go

But white with you is different

I foresee we’ll see a happy end

And though everything looks the same

I feel warm from your cheeks of flame

The red flush after my: “Hey, I like you

And I wonder if you like me too”

Your eyes downcast, toward the snow

And I wonder where I’ll go, if not with you

‘Cause my predictions start to fog up

It’s torture waiting for you to fess up too

Your speech is sure compelling but

Your silence can punctuate my empty skies

You draw out the longest sigh

And my teeth suddenly chatter

A glance at the snowflakes scattered

In your long dark-brown mane

It is my biggest bane now!

I know the sorry before I hear

It; pouring through my ear

I regret coming here…

Oh, everything looks the same.

You are cold from my cheeks of flame

The red flush after your: “Aww I’m sorry, boo

I don’t have the same feelings for you”

My eyes downcast, toward the snow

How to hide the tears that want to flow?

But I know I’ll never let you know

That I cried over you

And all around me, falling glass

Shattered dreams, broken heart

R.I.P., there lies our “happy ending”.

 

 A/n: Merry Christmas! Sorry for writing such a dreary poem on Christmas (:P), but the perfect idea popped into my head and I couldn't resist writing this! Please tell me how it is. :D

Comments

  1. Vi la nieve dura, en un Septiembre no muy blanco.
    Aunque tu poema me recordó mi ilustré despedida de la persona a quien más amaba.
    Relata justo, como sucedido y cómo lo sentí.
    ¡Excelente, relato!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ¡Estoy tan feliz de que mi poema te haya resonado! También siento mucho que hayas tenido que despedirte de un ser querido ... Las despedidas nunca son fáciles. Aún así, muchas gracias por leer y tus amables palabras.
      Lo siento si mi gramática es mala, no sé español, así que traduje mi respuesta original a través del Traductor de Google.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think!

This could be your next favourite post!

Sunset

My Class

❝The Shadows Are Her Spotlight❞