i think the whole town heard me cry

 


i think the whole town heard me cry
when i screamed "mama, help!" that day
and when she asked me i couldn't help but lie
"no mama, it was just some stray"

she raised her brows, and i...
how could i have said that to her?
"i saw WORMS on the road while tying my laces"
is that what she wanted to hear?

but hey, wouldn't you have screamed too?
it was such a horrifying sight to see
when i bent down to tie my shoelaces
i saw the myna's prey staring at me

to a little further, little ants were running by,
and another dad slug wanting to say goodbye
to his wife and kids. just like dad, right mum?
when i had that thought i felt really glum.

some little froggies tried jumping up a tree
and the snails on its trunk craned their necks to see
and i.. i couldn't tear my eyes from that hideous beauty
even when i knew that the fear was crippling me

why did i ever come for a walk, i should've stayed home, 
should've taken dad's silent insults, should've endured the monochrome
of our isolated, sad lives behind the closed door...
should've taken all the violence until i remained no more.



Photo by invisiblepower from Pexels

Comments

This could be your next favourite post!

Sunset

My Class

❝The Shadows Are Her Spotlight❞