A Storm in the City



Raindrops greet sidewalk chalk
Breathing in the petrichor

Sun's asleep, drowsy stars
Tucked in little sweethearts

The wind screams down in the grass
People whip out their umbrellas

A boy and a girl dance in the rain
Her friend watches from the window panes

Wishing they could dance like this
Pull her closer, maybe share a kiss

The droplets fall in a rush
Promising a future lush

A wave washes from the sky
Escaping little dreamy sighs

A prayer sent to the night
Whispering, "It'll be alright."


Hello! I had written this poem (from a village, ironically) during the Cyclone Tauktae. And (more ironically), I am posting this on a sunny day! 😂 But it's funny how today is the first day of July and yet there has been no rain for a week and a half where I live! Not that I like rain very much lol, so I'm happy. Do you like rain? Is it raining where you live? Tell me! :D And don't forget to tell me your thoughts on the poem ;)

Comments

  1. I love the monsoons! I love the clouds more than the actual rains haha. The poem is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I must admit, it feels empowering to look out of your window and see a windy, energetic sky replacing the usual calmness. :) Thank you for reading!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think!

This could be your next favourite post!

Sunset

My Class

❝The Shadows Are Her Spotlight❞