a misty afternoon




when the white mist hovers over the lonely city

the white marble lulls me into a stupor

having no one but my own arms around me

my mind lingers in our haunts in the hallways of time

they croon a golden chorus 

around the walls of my heart

weaving a honeyed sunray

of you and me, on that summer afternoon 

with teasing smiles and it's-ok-i-know's

your teeth catching the sunlight

me, discreetly hiding mine

'cause big ugly teeth shouldn't be put on show


now the wind is at strife with the silence in the skies

it laughs and wails and whistles and screams

the sky wears its blanket of dark, dreary clouds

and my tears threaten to spill


and then a flower blooms, the petals spelling out your name

the sunlight shyly peers from its watery curtains


slowly, but surely, my heart is warm again.


Comments

  1. This is really nice, your description work is really beautiful. I also write poetry and this is really intricate and beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. dude...you write like a pro...very beautiful…and one more thing i just wanted to know the meaning of 'carpe librum' it is actually making me curious

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha thanks man <333
      "carpe librum" is a Latin phrase meaning "seize the book". it is kind of like the phrase "carpe diem", which means "seize the day".

      Delete

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think!

This could be your next favourite post!

Sunset

My Class

❝The Shadows Are Her Spotlight❞