Confusion


You know that you are strong,
You've faced what is pain.
You know what it's like to be like this--
Cracking from the strain.


Now that I'm facing this,
Can't you just help me out?
I thought that we were good friends,
But you just sit there and pout.


Am I truly a bad person?
I don't know where I went wrong.
Is it too much to ask of you,
For me, can't you be strong?


I thought what we had would be forever
But now we're drifting apart...
There's no wedge, no knife, no scissors
What is breaking my heart?


I don't know what to do now,
Should I walk away or fight?
Can I covet what we had before?
What is even right?


I don't know who I am now,
I don't know who you are
Now looking back, I can't believe
Did we really go that far?


Should I do something about this
Or should I leave it be?
Can I hope to achieve anything
Or is it just hurting me?


Maybe we never fought
Maybe it was all untrue,
But then why do I feel like
I am losing you?


Photo by Anni Roenkae from Pexels



Comments

This could be your next favourite post!

Sunset

My Class

❝The Shadows Are Her Spotlight❞