tulips, two lips

i’ve only ever seen tulips on stock pictures and good morning messages.

but your two lips i see everyday, those perennially sweet lips

whether glistening or dry, in mirth or in sorrow,

sometimes bitten in shyness or contemplation.


i want to bite them too. i want your teeth

to bump into mine, clinking as we ration the air between us.

my tongue your lip liner, my eyes your mirror,

my face, your canvas.

i want to surrender my inhibitions 

and let you make an impact on me:

mark me yours. keep me buzzed on you

like a bee is to flowers.


i want your two lips to usher in my good mornings.

i want to drink in the nectar of your thoughts and 

whisper to you stories of my own. i want your lips

to be the prototype of lips—the only image

my mind conjures when i hear the word.


in this region, tulips are scarce. but what reason 

have i to complain, your two lips can bloom 

into the loveliest smile in the world?

 

Comments

This could be your next favourite post!

❝The Shadows Are Her Spotlight❞

My Class

Upside-Down